Friday, October 08, 2004

Big Thrill in My Newsroom Tonight

is playing some sort of Java video clip thing that someone has assembled, consisting of nothing but the words "terrorists" and "Osama bin Laden" as spoken by every speaker at the Republican convention this summer.

And, I'm told, "it's not spun at all." No, no spin there at all. If you overlook the entire concept of doing the damned thing in the first place.

Yes, I know the Republicans are talking about terrorists. I'm glad the Republicans are talking about terrorists. That's why I plan to vote for a Republican I don't particularly like otherwise on Nov. 2.

Because if you put together a tape of the number of times "terrorists" and "September 11" were mentioned in speeches at the Democratic Convention, I'll bet it would be shorter than Teresa's fuze.

UPDATE: 9:14 p.m., well at least that's over for now. Now the preferred activity is clustering around the TV and giving fist-pumps and cheers for Kerry's answers and making chimp-faces at Bush. Gee, and I'm the one who's been threatened with being fired for having political opinions.

Labels: ,