Thursday, November 18, 2004

I was wondering

... why the Clinton library looked familiar. Now I remember:





I like Clinton, mind you. And I like Southern rednecks as well as Swamp Yankees and my local Pennsyltucky deerhunters. No offense intended, except maybe to the architects who built something that, in most lights, looks more like the contractor's trailer than the finished edifice. Then again, the "bridge to tomorrow" foolery is perhaps really just a monument to Yank- ... er, Rebel Ingenuity: want to build more house than you've got flat ground to cover? just jack the danged thing up with cinder blocks.

Now, after dissing his library, let me give Bill his props for what he said today:

"You know, am I the only person in the entire United States of America who likes both George W. Bush and John Kerry, who believes they're both good people, who believes they both love our country and they just see the world differently?"