Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I Try. I Really Do Try

... to read liberal/progressive sites and try to find, reflected in their eyes, the same world I inhabit. But I never get far into them without finding stories like this one, about how George W. Bush made this woman's good, dear father lose his mind.

When the 2004 election came off with a whimper, without question, my father began to forget basic things: his keys, his wallet, his false teeth. He forgot that he was being called “un-American” because of his Kerry bumper sticker. He forgot that because he voted for Kerry, he was called “immoral” and “unpatriotic.” He simply forgot where he put his checkbook just as much as he forgot how he had stood in line for several hours in order to vote. My father, vacant throughout the campaign, was now almost entirely splintered.

Shame on you, Mr. Bush!