Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Radio Killed the Video Star

Frank J. isn't waiting around for the media to start a conversation with bloggers. He's written his own questions. Here's my answers.

THE "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" BLOGGER QUIZ

1. Who the hell do you think you are?

Don Quixote

2. So, other than blogging, what's your job? Do you work at some fast food joint, dumbass?

Actually, I'm a desk editor at a daily newspaper.

3. Do you have like any experience in journalism, idiot?

Only about 21 years worth, and a few awards in the closet somewhere. I hope that counts. There might be a White House press pass in there, too, but don't get any ideas.

4. Do you even read newspapers?

Too often. The reporting and writing in them generally makes me ill. That's why I blog. To right by night the wrongs my profession compounds by day.

5. Do you watch any other news than FOX News propaganda, you ignorant fool?

I don't have a TV hook-up. I think I saw Fox News once at a friend's house. It wasn't bad. But it's TV news. "TV news" is an oxymoron.

6. I bet you're some moron talk radio listener too, huh?

I heard Rush Limbaugh once, in the '80s, when he first came out. I listed for about 20 minutes. I haven't been back.

7. So, do you get a fax from the GOP each day for what to say, you @#$% Republican parrot?

No. But I have noticed that my co-workers at the newspaper have absorbed Michael Moore's innuendos so completely that they now regard them as proven facts, and often write headlines and editorials that proceed from that assumption. I try to correct that, without getting fired.

8. Why do you and your blogger friends want to silence and fire everyone who disagrees with you, fascist?

Actually, I'm too busy trying to avoid being fired from my media job for being a media type who blogs, and for breaking away from the herd mentality, and for criticizing "Fahrenheit 9/11." I don't have time to get other people fired.

9. Are you completely ignorant of other countries, or do you actually own a passport?

Oh, yes. Paris, Garmisch, and Venice are among of my favorite places. I've also been to more exotic foreign locales, like Key West.

10. Have you even been to another country, you dumb hick?

I was in Liechtenstein. I was even in East Germany. I was in countries that don't exist anymore. Top that.

11. If you're so keen on the war, why haven't you signed up, chickenhawk?

I looked into my local National Guard. At 44 and with a bad back, there wasn't much interest. They also serve who only stand and wait.

12. Do you have any idea of the horrors of war? Have you ever reached into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face?

Yes, but that Lebanese hash was reeeeealy intense, let me tell you.

13. Have you ever reached into any pile of goo?

Like I said, I read newspapers. I know from goo.

14. Once again, who the hell do you think you are?!

Don Corleone.