Saturday, May 27, 2006

Sex Ed Needed For Seniors?

And it should it be of the "abstinence only," rather than more comprehensive, type? Because we wouldn't want to encourage Those Oldsters Of Today to become promiscuous or anything.

STDs infest a Florida retirement community.

A gynecologist at The Villages community near Orlando, Fla., said she treats more cases of herpes and the human papilloma virus in the retirement community than she did in the city of Miami.

"Yeah, they are very shocked (to hear the diagnosis)," gynecologist Dr. Colleen McQuade said. "I had a patient in her 80s."
...
"I have had a better dating life since I have been here than I have ever had," Franklin said. "I know there are things going around."


I don't want to take away from the serious health issues that STDs can cause, but I just have to say that this article contains one of the worst seduction lines I have ever heard:

"Should I bring the little blue pills over tonight?"

My Lord, maybe romance really is dead.