Thursday, June 15, 2006

Olbermann's Takedown--Please!

Well, there are certainly situations in which I'm so not above piling on, and whacking at Keith Olbermann is one of them.

Oh, lordy, lordy, I can't stand that man or his unwatchable show. "Unwatchable" is a key, strong word for me, because I make a true point of watching a wide array of pundits and shows (as I make a true point of reading varied articles and opposing views), and there are very few to which I can't force myself to give at least some "time of day," on some sort of regular basis. Not Olbermann, though, not any more and not for awhile: The man--and therefore his show--makes me, quite literally, shudder and twitch.

And so it is that I must confess that it was with (reprehensible--I know, I know) glee that I read these posts: here, here and here, about his e-mailing a fan that colleague Rita Cosby is "dumber than a suitcase of rocks."

You go, guys! I'm with you!

(In case you're wondering, I'm definitely not a Rita Cosby fan, for reasons both substantive and shallow. This, however, is not the point--and at least I can manage to watch her show without a profound and overwhelming urge to scratch. And I, too, thought her response to Olbermann's insult was both classy and funny.)