Monday, August 14, 2006

Interesting

A good blog-friend from the thoughtful leftward side of things recently called my attention to a number of thoughtful liberals and Democrats who lately have published denunciations of Michael Moore.

Well, I replied, that's great, but he is the same creature he was in 2004. I would have been more impressed by such liberal denunciations of his work and influence if they had come during the hotly contested election year, when Moore had a big anti-Bush movie coming out (my parents credit seeing "Fahrenheit 9/11" with their decision to vote for Kerry). Some did denounce him then. They have my respect.

Then there's this. Do I think all anti-administration or anti-war protesters have these sentiments? Of course not. But I have seen such signs at too many of these rallies. And not just when the opposition highlighted them. My brother (who is one of the 30 percent of us or so who think 9/11 was a U.S. government plot) subjected us to slides of such a "peace rally" he attended in Seattle with blatant "Israel must be destroyed" signs.

And all the quaint peace moms and flower children and concerned humanitarians walk side-by-side, if not arm-in-arm with them and nobody seems the least bit concerned about the virus in the blood of their movement, the madness worming its way to the brain.