Tuesday, November 28, 2006

TV Trivia

[posted by Callimachus]

Here you go, kiddos: Have fun with it: TV Land has compiled a list of the 100 greatest catchphrases in television. I typically don't recognize anything on it from after 1994, but a few of the older ones I admit have slipped into my repertoire -- no doubt to the utter bewilderment of everyone under 30. I list them here unsourced, so you can see how many you know on sight, too:

  • "Book 'em, Danno" [Which I seem to think should be "Book [h]im, Danno"]
  • "Elizabeth, I'm coming!" [My version is more like, "This is the big one ... I'm coming, Elizabeth!"]
  • "I know nothing!"
  • "I love it when a plan comes together" [best show in the history of television]
  • "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV"
  • "If it weren't for you meddling kids!" [my version is a simple, enraged "You meddling kids!"]
  • "Jane, you ignorant slut"
  • "Oh, my nose!" [My memory has it "Ow! ..."]
  • "The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat"
  • "We've got a really big show!"
  • "What you see is what you get!"
  • "Would you believe?" [Technically, it ends in an elipsis]
  • "You eeeediot!"
  • "You rang?" [Less this line than the pregnant and long-suffering moan when he discovered what was asked of him.]