Friday, June 29, 2007

Give Me Lies

[Posted by reader_iam]

In the name of desiring "peace on earth," people who supposedly would say they find the following song inspiring, for one reason or another and from one perspective or another, in their actions day by day betray their disbelief in almost every idea expressed therein:



In the immortal words of Linus Van Pelt: "I love mankind! It's people I can't stand!"

Life's a bitch, ain't it?

***

In a twist of the hand, Peanuts also once offered up this gem, via big sister Lucy Van Pelt: I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.

On another hand, there's this: Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.

Oh, wait!--that one has has no place in the narrative anymore, does it? So silly to have forgotten. Well, pardon me.