Saturday, October 06, 2007

I Know Just Where To Find The Roses

[Posted by reader_iam]



Talk about the paving on Intention Road. I've been meaning, for a few months now, to link to the beiderbecke affair, the revival of which has been--is--a very fine thing indeed. It's been wonderful to see that blogger posting regularly again. I linked it relatively early on EEOTC, and I lamented its suspension here on this blog.

For those who never made the acquaintance, or who have forgotten, here's the description: "The Beiderbecke Affair is a weblog that concerns itself with things literary while also indulging its proprietor's rather unrelated interests in the early jazz musician Bix Beiderbecke and Korean culture, history, and politics."

Yep. But I read it for the writing, and the thoughtfulness--despite the fact that I long ago set my cap for the Red Sox, as opposed to being a polite, swearing-under-the-breath Cubs fan.

Oh, and also for the whole-hearted embrace of life's experiences.

Well, shame on me: I buried the lead.

Labels: , , ,