Tuesday, October 19, 2004

People of Importance

Checking the Associated Press photo leaf desk, which holds all the pictures the AP has moved during the past two weeks or so, gives you an idea of who the important people are in the world. Since my co-workers insist that the media doesn't overplay Michael Moore, I thought I'd rank him against some people who I do consider important in the world, and against one conservative commentator whom my co-workers hold up as Moore's equivalent, in terms of the number of pictures of or about him on the wire (including DVD covers, book covers, etc., which in Moore's case always seem to be pictures of him, for some reason):

Vladimir Putin ..... 45
Colin Powell ..... 41
Michael Moore ..... 40
Ariel Sharon ..... 38
Ayad Allawi ..... 36
Kofi Annan ..... 34
Alan Greenspan ..... 32
Rudy Giuliani ..... 11
Hugo Chavez ..... 2
Nancy Pelosi ..... 2
Rush Limbaugh ..... 2
Zell Miller ..... 0