Wednesday, November 24, 2004

"The Revolution Will be Blogged"


"I am just a little Ukrainian. But the whole pyramid of Ukraine is built on top of little people like me. I should be home working in the soil, but instead I'm here in the (Independence) Square. And I'm not leaving until we have real democracy."

Liveblogging from the revolution in Kiev.

Here's another nugget:

During my time in Ukraine, the single most pro-American group I've known has been my circle of Iranian student friends. They love the United States, and they see her as a natural ally in their struggle for freedom. I've now found a second such group -- the pro-democracy protesters. Everyone has glowing things to say about the US, and they're counting on us to support them in their fight. Russia has ruined itself with these people, and America has a chance to be a hero. We should take it.

Choke on that, Mr. Moore, Mr. Chomsky.

Also, lots of links here.