Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Some Off-Site Posts

You can get a list of my recent posts at Donklephant here. I think the best of the lot is this one, which takes an image from the one Hollywood movie I'd give to Martians or Western Europeans if they really wanted to start to understand America.

I have to wonder if I'm cut out for this centrist role. I like to whack things. In high school street hockey, I had a fearsome slapshot. But like I wrote to Justin, the editor of the site: "For a long time I've been looking for a place in blogland where I could post alongside rational, thoughtful people who disagreed with me on
the main issues of the day. Not to jettison every principle in the name of 'common ground.' Nor to back each other into increasingly radical, marginal positions. But to test my own arguments and discover insights, and learn what other paths honorable people may have taken through the jungle of current affairs."