Tuesday, June 06, 2006

What I Just Heard on TeeVee

From the mouth of Jerry Jenkins, co-author of the "Left Behind" series, during an appearance with partner Tim LaHaye on Fox:

"So where we can take the Bible literally, we do."

Well, now, there's a statement with a hole large enough to drive a whole fleet of trucks through.

[Pregnant pause.]

Fancy that.

(By the way, I actually read the first eight--give or take one--books in this series, the 15th of which is being released today, 06-06-06, which some may call a sharp marketing tool and others, such as myself, might call a sharp marketing tool but also predictably cynical. I think that constitutes enough to make whatever conclusions I have drawn or evaluations I make obviously based on something other than sight-unseen prejudices or assumptions.)