Monday, November 06, 2006

Spontaneous Carnival: Unblogging Election Politics (Indirect OK, If Creative And Deft)

[Posted by reader_iam]

Let's NOT blog the election or politics. Let's pick something to do **as if** you aren't obsessively following politics, and, in fact, are pointedly trying--or are willing to try--to blog something else, against the wave. An out: If you are able to creatively make points WITHOUT using obvious key words, the names of actual people or places--if you think you are truly talented allegorically--go for that. (But beware reactions if you are deluded.)

Let's have some fun amidst the odds-calling, angst and frantic last-minute scrabbling.

While you're welcome to post links to actual posts written between 7 central tonight and over the next day in the comments section to this post--and ONLY this post--if you e-mail them to me at donewithmirrors-AT-gmail-DOT-com, I'll attempt to put together a post or posts, including as many links as I reasonably can that are in keeping with the spirit of this post and the mood of my most recent ones of today.

(I don't like to say it, but: I won't hesitate to delete, without explanation or justification, if I think you've cheated or adjudge you spam or unreasonably offensive, for whatever reason.)

This is a bit of an experiment, so have it.

Resist the pull. Find something else to talk about!