Friday, December 01, 2006

12 Years of Christmas

[posted by Callimachus]

Third photo: Dec. 25, 1963.




Must have been the year Charlie Brown Christmas trees were "in." I have no idea what happened here. Mom looks like she's had a hard night, but it wasn't for wrapping presents. I was going to say I don't remember any of this year's loot, but I saw that "Cecil" box in the background, which contained a talking puppet of Cecil the Sea Monster from the old Beanie and Cecil cartoons, which I loved at that time. Unfortunately I enjoyed the way it sounded when you put the puppet on one side of the door and the pulled cord on the other, so it recoiled slowly and made the voice sound v-e-r-y s-l-o-w. Which eventually broke it. Which made my mother extremely angry and upset. Why do I still carry this stuff inside?