Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Blogging Advent Calendar in Music (7)

[Cross-posted by reader_iam from Either End Of The Curve.]

Since today is Pearl Harbor Day, it seems to me appropriate to have this post do some double (triple? more?) duty. Here's to our soldiers, past and present.



(OK, the next one isn't a Christmas song, but somehow I still think it fits, and I like the way it brings an iconic WWII chanteuse and our present day troops together.)



And let us not forget:



Finally, here's what I'll bet is a largely forgotten song, written and sung by (I hope!) some recognizable names from the past, shortly after returning to the U.S. from a tour of entertaining soldiers fighting in the Vietnam War. Embedding for this one isn't allowed, so you'll have to follow this link.

I had no luck finding a Holiday-related Korean War video on YouTube. If anyone chances by who know of one, let me know and I'll update.

(See next posts below; they also relate to today's calendar theme. This one was intended to be seen first.)