Monday, January 22, 2007

Blogger Deploys

[posted by Callimachus]

Andrew Olmsted is shipping out for the sandbox:

The Army has accepted my application to active duty and is sending me to Iraq as commander of a battalion MiTT team. That means I'll embed with an Iraqi battalion and I and my team will attempt to train and assist that battalion to be able to stand on their own and serve the Iraqi government.

Godspeed to him. Send your thoughts, prayers, and devotions as appropriate.

Andrew was a recent addition to the Watchers Council and in his short time there had established a formidable winning streak. Filling his spot there won't be the biggest disruption caused when he deploys, but it's one we can maybe help with. If you have a suggestion for someone to replace him, add it in a comment here. If you want to nominate yourself, click on the link above.

Labels: , ,