Friday, January 05, 2007

I Coulda Made And Eaten A Sandwich...

[Posted by reader_iam]

... in the time it took me to read this article on making grilled cheese sandwiches and put together this post. Who knew there were so many decisions to be made? Or that it was all so complex? Or that there could possibly be anyone out there, over a certain age, that could need step-by-step (13 of them!!) instructions on how to make "The Perfect: Grilled Cheese"? I don't think it took my mother more than three sentences and two minutes of demonstration to teach me how to whip up a melted-cheese sandwich when I was about seven or eight. Gosh, everything's so complicated these days--and it's oddly depressing to think that we need the inside tips and secrets of experts to slap together a classic lunchtime meal. Somehow, this strikes me as a sign of the times.

Oh, well, time for lunch.