Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Getting Skippy with It

[posted by Callimachus]

Self-described liberal site Skippy the Bush Kangaroo is having a Kafka moment, being inexplicably cut from the blogrolls of the Gods of the Left. Since Reader recently linked to one of that site's posts, and it was kind enough to acknowledge us, I've added it to our "Left" blogroll in a sign of solidarity.

[Yes, I realize this can be seen as hypocritical, since I reject "right" and "left" for myself, but some people accept and embrace the labels, and they do have their occasional uses as shorthand.]

In that vein, however, some of the "Left" sites on the blogroll here have become semi-inactive. I wonder if any of our readers can suggest some fresh ones. I can't seem to find any. What I'm looking for is something that, at least five days in seven, stays above the mass tone of enraged mockery that seems to me to be so pervasive among that set. I don't seek "centrist" or "moderate" voices, necessarily, but rather sane and thoughtful and interesting ones. The kind who would define enough words the same way we do that we could actually have a debate or a discussion with them.

Labels: