Friday, March 02, 2007

Ugh

[Posted by reader_iam]

Tell me again why people find Ann Coulter funny?

I get that part of her schtick is supposedly skewering PC speech, and she's certainly entitled to say whatever the heck she wants. But I find her routine to be gratutious and unfunny, and even adolescent.

How charming it is to ponder that tomorrow, Coulter will be speaking at the Reclaiming America for Christ Conference. Not! I'm not alone in this reaction. From the reply Pastor Jeff received in response to his objection to Coulter's affiliation with this event:
Ann Coulter has made a public profession of faith. Her testimony of having received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of her life are clearly and sincerely presented. I am sure God isn't finished with her yet in her spiritual journey. He isn't finished with us either. We have had many, many enthusiastic and positive responses from people across the country who appreciate Ann Coulter's frank approach to the issues of today and are looking forward to hearing her speak in person.
"Frank approach," huh? Well, I suppose that's one way to describe it.

Gag.