Friday, April 20, 2007

What More Reason Do You Need?

[Posted by reader_iam]

Chris at the Cynical-C Blog has compiled the ultimate list of who and what is to blame for what happened at VA Tech. My personal three favorites on the list are Bill Gates, Collective Soul's song "Shine" (lyrics entirely benign, by the way) and Republicans Since 1994, the latter just because it's the apparent theory of good old Joe, who, by the way, is in no danger of being dethroned anytime soon from his airy position by Barack Obama. I was going to do a whole blog post (complete with previous gaffes) about Biden's statement, which I saw on Newsmax earlier today, but Chris pretty much has it covered just by including the story on his list. Here's the nut(s) of it, though:
Biden said Republicans have created an environment that brings bad things to the United States.

"I would argue, since 1994 with the Gingrich revolution, just take a look at Iraq, Venezuela, Katrina, what's gone down at Virginia Tech, Darfur, Imus. Take a look. This didn't happen accidentally, all these things," he said.
That's my Joe! (I've followed his career for something like 35 years, remember.) Has he outdone himself this time? Could be.

When, I wonder, will my once and, probably, future senator at last run out of feet to put in his mouth?

***

It's been a helluva long week, folks, hasn't it? A signature line from a regular character on this TV show (see 2:12) has been running through my head all day. Seems appropriate.

Labels: , ,