Friday, July 06, 2007

One Of Those Mysteries

[Posted by reader_iam]

From another room, I hear yet another burst of raucous laughter from my husband and father-in-law, who are sprawled out in front of the TV--assuming it can be called sprawling if the sprawlers are rolling about.
Me: What are you watching?

DH: A Steven Seagal movie.

Me: I didn't think he starred in comedies.

FIT: He doesn't.

Me: Then why are you laughing so hard?

DH: Because! (Pauses for more guffaws.) His movies are so funny.

FIT: (Seemingly starts to say something, but bursts into laughter again.)

Me: Oh.

MIT: (Awakened by laughter) What is so FUNNY, you guys? This isn't comedy.

DH: Yes, it is.
At the risk of being sexist, any guys out there wanna try to 'splain this to me (and my mother-in-law)? 'Cause I'm thinking this may be one of those Mars-Venus things.

Labels: , , ,