Friday, March 31, 2006

On the Other Hand

Heh. Just when you thought something was crystal-clear, along comes Gerard Van der Leun with the Mother of All Alternate Takes on the Borders-Books-won't-show-the-Motoons story. Writing in the imagined voice of the Borders CEO:

You want this shit to stop and people able to draw and publish what they want anywhere in the world at any time without being afraid of getting a bread knife in gut from some hyperventilating Islamic idiotarian with a religiously implanted mental disorder? Start getting governments that can grow a pair at home as well as overseas, and start kicking some Muslim ass whenever and wherever this crap gets started. Don't come bitching to me that Borders has to step up and take the hit.

Is it really the case that your guys expect me, after months of watching this global governmental cowardice in the face of Islamic intimidation go down, to pin a big "Kick Me" sign on the backs of every one of my employees? Dudes, I worked in the grocery business for most of my career and if I am the last line of defense here, log off and head for the mountain redoubt with a box lunch because the terrorists have won.

I can't believe that your guys expect me to step up and make my company the front line of defense against the Muslim hordes which, as far as I can see, get a free pass to do whatever they want whenever they show up in groups of like two?


It does sort of spike your adrenaline. His writing has that quality. Van der Leun's, that is; not the Borders CEO's.