Friday, April 28, 2006

Wanna Bedtime Story, Sweet Leaf?*

I recommend reading this to your kid by either black light or lava lamp. (Click the images. Let your imagination run wild. Note the un-PCness, even for the PC.)

Oh, yeah: This'll keep 'em chaste 'til marriage. Or more likely, provoke an instant "act" of rebellion. (And why did this immediately make me think of a scene or two from one of the Brady Bunch spoof movies?)

A hearty thank you and hat tip to Chris Clarke, posting at Bitch PhD, for providing the best you've-got-to-be-kidding laughs I've had in a long time.

*Identify the reference and rock group. For extra credit, name the famous Big Band that brewed up a well-known tune on the same topic. (Of course, there are many examples from that era, but I gave you the relevant clue in the previous sentence to pin it down to the one I'm seeking.)

Happy weekend!

Update: Absolutely NO ONE is biting on the quiz? I'm disappointed. OK, a couple or few more hours and I'll state that to which I was referring.

Am I the only one who gets music across eras, without regard to the subject matter?

Oh, man.

Sunday: Black Sabbath; Benny Goodman.