Monday, May 15, 2006

Prereactionary Punditry

This weekend, I was trying to figure out whether I could attend a planning meaning for a week-long event this summer and still manage to catch the president's address tonight.

I now realize that there was no need for me to give this a second's thought. Not only have I already read what he's going to say and how he's going to say it, I've read multiple analyses of all stripes, of his speech, of how everyone is reacting to it, and of how everyone is reacting to the reactions, and even about all the overreactions.

A true timesaver, and I'll take all of those I can get, thank you.

Of course, the speech isn't really the issue: It's the policies. But everyone's already made up his or her mind there, too, so again, why bother?

So freeing, really.