Saturday, September 23, 2006

Blog-reading Gives Me The Vapors

[Posted by reader_iam]

Or, at least, an Ambivablog post did, in addition to a good laugh. (You must follow the link, but do heed Amba's warning.)

Immediately, this song jumped to mind and started relentlessly worming its way through my brain.

Oh, the flashbacks from one's college days!

Of course, I know now that the connection my brain made is based on an '80s-era American rumor, rather than the original intent of the songwriter, but at the time, Dave Fenton himself was none-too-clear about it. Regardless, I'm stuck with the brain image that was imprinted so many years ago, but had luckily not thought about in a donkey's age until I went a-surfing today.

Boy, that'll larn me!

(By the way, I'm not sure you could get away with making this video today, and not because of the topic at hand, so to speak, but rather the physical ethnic reference.

This is most likely a good thing.)