Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Council Winners

[posted by Callimachus]

Watchers Council winners from last week showed what blogs can do best.

I write that aware that I'm unable to avoid the appearance of arrogance, because one of my posts, ‘You'll Never Know What We Did,’ based on the emails from my Iraq contractor friend, was a winner. So I'll be the first to say I don't write like that often enough. But I'm prevented from writing what I know best -- my local scene -- by my job. And anyway, Kat did the real work on it.

The winner outside the council was Just Outside Westminster Cathedral Today... by Joee Blogs -- A Catholic Londoner, which was just a superb example of citizen media at work.

Also getting votes in the council were That Was Not a "Blunder." It's Just An Excuse to Kill Infidels by Gates of Vienna and Between the Canary and the Alligator by Soccer Dad.

Getting votes outside the council were What Did You Do This Summer? by Murdoc Online and Shots Fired At Oslo Synagogue on History News Network blog.

Votes went to When Atheists and Secularists Quote Scripture at Hot Air, which was one entry in an ongoing, and excellent, debate of the kind you just don't see anymore in mainstream media. An entry from the secular side, When Religious Folk Misinterpret Secularists at INDC Journal, also was nominated, but I seem to be the only one who gave it a vote.

Also getting votes were The Charter of Progressive Politics: What We Demand by Professor Kurgman's Beautiful Mind, a little bit of good-natured humor at the expense of the other side, and The View and the Radicals by Fausta's Blog.

Labels: