Monday, January 29, 2007

How My Son Nearly Lost His Mother Today

[Posted by reader_iam]

I had just taken an overly large bite of pizza when I clicked over to Maggie's Farm from StatCounter, causing an ill-timed, sharp intake of breath (...).

Won't that be a unique addition to this year's photo album! (It's also a cautionary note, one that reminds me of why certain policies I'm supposedly adhering to should, indeed, be adhered to. Pardon my clunky writing, but you know what I mean.)

I have to report that my father-in-law had a similar reaction, as did, sort of, Pooh.

In life, a sense of humor is indispensable--that's what we always tell our son, along with this gem: You can control what you do, but not always the consequences of what you do. I hope he remembers both of those things, someday, when I show him this.