Sunday, November 19, 2006

The True And Precise Nature Of Sausage

[Posted by reader_iam]

Spare me--please. There are some things it's better NOT to know, after all.
A SPICY sausage known as the Welsh Dragon will have to be renamed after trading standards’ officers warned the manufacturers that they could face prosecution because it does not contain dragon.

The sausages will now have to be labelled Welsh Dragon Pork Sausages to avoid any confusion among customers.
...
...A Powys County Council spokesman said: “The product was not sufficiently precise to inform a purchaser of the true nature of the food.”

Well, I should jolly well hope so! I don't get the beef, here.

Dan Collins likewise takes issue with the premises at hand:
I think that The Times ought to be very careful about characterizing the law as Draconian, when the Draconians had no similar law. The law is also liable to affect the availability of Unicorn Burgers and St. Pauli Girl beer.

For my part, I think Ambrose Bierce said it best:

Litigation [alt: Lawsuit]: A machine which you go into as a pig and come out of as a sausage.