Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Year Flies

[Posted by reader_iam]

I realized last evening that it's been a whole year since I started blogging here at Done With Mirrors. Wow! I never thought I'd be here this long back on March 31, 2006, and I rather doubt Callimachus did, either. Does this make me the proverbial houseguest who never goes home?

It's weird to go back and read that first post [link corrected; the previous was my second post, I think]. Parts of it make me really laugh, now, and ruefully.
That said, my intention is to be more selective and mindful than that about posting here.
Yeah, that worked out (not!). Well, I'm not going to fisk my own blessed post, so we'll leave it at that.

I'm also not inclined to go back down memory lane, though I've recently reviewed some selected posts, here and at Either End of the Curve, from the first 6-8 months or so of my blogging, starting in November 2005, and compared them to what I've written in the last several months. (Suffice it to say that I sort of wish I hadn't, though it was an illuminating exercise, [because I was better earlier, counter-intuitively].) So I'm not going to highlight a bunch of posts, but I do think this one sports my favorite blogpost title, and I have a certain fondness for this post as well. I'm also sort of pleased that I was among the earlier bloggers to write about Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Salah Uddin Shoaib Choudhury, in terms of their stories just within the past year.

Well, that's enough of that.

Thanks to Cal for the continued use of his guestroom... .

Labels: , , ,