Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sometimes I Read Something ...

... that so boggles the mind, I can't even blog about it. I mean, I can ritualistically set up a new post, using the requisite posting tool, but then: then? Nothing.

Mind-bloggled. (You know what?--I'm going to leave that typo as is.) Also, mind-boggled. Fingers frozen.

Ever had that experience? That's the first question--just a general one. I'd be interested in the response to that, in and of itself.

And the second one is: Would it have been better if 9/11 had occurred in Canada? Because, as the thesis goes, the reaction would have been better (that is, because "[s]ometimes not doing much is the right thing to do").

[Added:] This link.

Sometimes I think--and right now is an example--of the very, very few things on which I have spent time and energy that put me in mind of this quote:
It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.
--Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

Blog-wallowing sure ain't one of them.

(Yet I'm compelled to persist. I am. I am. Why?

Oh, why?)